Now, you can have it all—FREE checking and a high return on your money! In fact, you can earn up to 3.50% APY! We’ll even reimburse qualifying accounts up to $25 in ATM fees each month! It’s all possible with the new Rewards Checking Account from Chemcel FCU. Convenient, flexible and a great way to earn extra cash. It’s the perfect checking account for today’s world.
Best of all, it’s easy to qualify for the 3.50% APY interest rate. Once you open your account, all you have to do is make 12 debit card transactions a month,* access Online Banking once a month, sign up to receive your monthly statement electronically (eStatement) and have a minimum of 1 ACH debit or credit each month. When you do:
• Balances up to $20,000 earn 3.50% APY
• Balances over $20,000 earn 1.01% APY
• Even balances that fail to meet all requirements earn .10% APY
Is there a minimum balance requirement?
No. You will be paid the high interest rate on your average daily balance up to $20,000.
Is this account available for business accounts?
No. This account is limited to consumer, individual accounts.
Is this a ‘teaser’ rate?
No. While the rate is variable, this is not a ‘teaser’
rate with plans to reduce the rate once you have signed up.
Will you reimburse fees from ATMs overseas?
No. Refunded ATM fees will be paid on machines used within the USA only.
How will I know if I have qualified for the reward rate and ATM refunds?
Do ATM withdrawals count towards my 12 required transactions each month?
Each month you will receive an email letting you know if you met the reward criteria. If you did not, an explanation will be given so that you will know how to reach it the following month. Remember, you can always log on to your CFCU account and make sure that you have met the qualifiers.
No. You must use your Chemcel FCU Debit Card 12 times in order to meet the specified criteria. When you use your debit card, you can select credit and sign for your purchases or use your PIN.
* All debit card transactions in a single cycle must be completed prior to the second to last business day of the month. **Not all purchases will clear immediately, so plan accordingly!
What is an ACH Debit or Credit?
An ACH (Automated Clearing House) transaction can be a direct deposit or any item that is automatically drafted into or from your account. This does not have to be a recurring item, such as your monthly payroll deposit (Credit) or your monthly electric bill (Debit), but a recurring item will ensure that you meet this qualifier each month.
What happens if I do not qualify?
You will not receive the premium rate for dividends or any ATM refunds. This is still a free checking account so you will not be charged a monthly service fee. On the following month, your account will be reviewed again and if the qualifiers are met, you will be paid the high rate of interest.
If I open my account late in the month, how will I qualify?
The first month qualifiers are waived so no matter when you sign up, you will be paid the high rate of interest for that month.
How do I sign up?
Stop by your local office or call us at 1.800.559.2436.
What should I do if I lose my Debit Card?
Call 1.800.887.0555 to report your Debit Card lost or stolen. Also, notify the Card Services Coordinator at the credit union at 361.584.6246 or 800.559.2436 ext. 25 as soon as possible.
Check list for switching your checking account to Chemcel.
Switching over to Chemcel FCU Rewards Checking account and getting your cash rewards is easy!
Here’s how to do it:
• Notify old institution that you are closing your account.
• Send notifications to companies that automatically make withdrawals from your account. We can provide you with an ACH form to send them to redirect these withdrawals to your CFCU account.
• Send notifications for all Direct Deposits made to your account. We can provide you with a new Direct Deposit form. Please remember to enclose a voided check or deposit slip when changing your Direct Deposit.
• Cancel any automatic payments being made with a bill pay product from your old institution.
• Allow up to 10 days for any outstanding checks to clear your old account.
• Destroy any unused checks, deposit slips, ATM or Debit Cards from your old account. You may bring these items to the credit union for proper disposal.